About Me

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is Shaq my kid?

Why do a blog? This is my first time ever doing it. I have always wanted to express my emotions with my encounters, and this seems to be a way of doing just that.

Being a single mom of an 11-year old is quite common these days. But have you ever said to yourself, "Why does this always happen to me?" Well, I say that often.

Yesterday my daughter came home with 4 pieces of clothing that I had ordered for her band uniform at school. They were huge! You'd think that Shaq was my kid! The teacher didn't understand why I would have ordered such large sizes for my daughter, and just thought that her mom was an over-enthusiastic parent and bought it for herself.

Well I did not buy it for myself. The order form usually refers to "youth" sizes and I put in XXL for youth sizes, not Shaq sizes.

Since they are embroidered, I suppose I have to keep them. The teacher said he will see if there are any leftovers I can purchase with an appropriate size for my daughter.

I ate $64 on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment